Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my own personal chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've made giant cookies from it, I've made normal sized cookies out of it, and once even made a humongous heart-shaped cookie to give to my BF on Valentine's Day with half a recipe of this. The trick is watching the cookie cook and leaving it in only long enough for the centre to start to set.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cream butter with sugars, and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
4. Add flour, baking soda, and salt to mixture and blend until smooth and lump free.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Drop by the teaspoonful onto cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Bake slightly longer for crunchy cookies.
*For Giant Cookies: Make the cookies roughly 3" in diameter, bake for 12-15 minutes. Bake slightly longer for crunchy cookies.